IEI India Overview
The Institution of Engineers (India) is the premier engineering professional society of India and represents over 0.3 million engineers from within the country and abroad.
At a meeting at Calcutta on January 3, 1919, it was decided to form a Society for the advancement of all branches of engineering sciences in India and thus 'The Indian Society of Engineers' was born. Soon thereafter, at a meeting held in Shimla on July 16, 1919, the code of rules was amended and the name of the Society was changed to the Institution of Engineers (India)'. It was registered under the Indian Companies Act 1913 at Madras on September 13, 1920. The formal inauguration ceremony was held on February 23, 1921 at Calcutta in the August presence of His Excellency Lord Chelmsford, the then Viceroy and Governor-General of India. The Royal Charter was granted to the Institution on September 9, 1935 by his Majesty George V. the Kind of the Emperor.
The Institution has been founder member of the World Energy Council (WEC) in 1924, the Commonwealth Engineer' Council (CEC) in 1946 and Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO), World Mining Congress (WMC), Federation International de la Precontrainte (FIP), and International Institution for Production Engineering Research (CIRP). The IEI feels proud of its growth over the years as it can now boast of nearly 700000 corporate and nearly 160000 examines. The IEI has also established four peripheral bodies, namely the Engineering Staff College of India (ESCI), Hyderabad; National Design and Research Forum (NDRF), Bangalore; Rural Development Forum (RDF), and Water Management Forum (WME), Ahmedabad. It is not possible here to mention individually about all it's achievements. The one fundamental aspect - service to mankind - which is the concept of dignity of the Institution, has always been looked into with great care.
- First professional engineering Institution founded in India and incorporated by the Royal Charter.
- First body recognized as the Indian National Committee by the International Electro-technical Commission and the British Standards Association.
- First to hold qualifying professional engineering examinations.
- First in the country to start publication of professional engineering journals.
- First to have Engineering Staff College of India.
- First to have established a National Design and Research Forum, EHV Forum, Rural Engineering Forum and Engineering Research Design and Development Centers.
- First society in India to initiate and award annually numerous prizes to Engineering authors and to have Public Trust for advancement of engineering education.
- First body to be Indian National Member/Committee of International Federation for Automatic Control (IFAC),
- Federation Internationale de la Precontrainte (FIP), World Federation of Engineering Organization (WFEO),
- World Energy Conference (WEC), World Mining Congress (WMC), etc.
IEI Latest News
- Invitation for Seminar on Health Awareness on 08th October 2018 at Rajdhani Palace Hotel
- Article submission and Cover Page Design submission for upcoming 51st Engineer Day celebration
- Invitation for 1st Technical Seminar on 06 Aug 2018 at Copthrone Hotel, Kuwait City.
- IEI Kuwait Chapter invites and write-ups Science Articles for spandan-2018
- Intuition of India (IEI) Kuwait chapter has launched new official mobile contact number +965 90098667
- Winter 2018 Sections 'A' and 'B' Examinations
- Celebration of Sir M. Visvesverya's Birthday and Spandan 2018 Release Ceremony on 15th Sept. 2018
- Annual General body Meeting of IEI Kuwait Chapter
- IEI Kuwait Chapter and His Excellency K. Jeeva Sagar, The New Indian Ambassador to Kuwait on Thursday, 18th January 2018 at Indian Embassy, Kuwait.
- IEI Kuwait Chapter's Family Day 2018 on 09.02.2018
- IEI Kuwait Chapter – 50 th Engineers’ Day Celebration
- Meeting with KSE Chairman on 11 oct 2017
- 5th Technical seminar '' Total Productive Maintenance ''
- "Life Style - Martial Arts" presentation by IEI Science Club on Friday 15.09.17 at IGNOU Center, Salmiya.
- “Digitalisation and Cyber Security” VENUE: Jumeriah Messilah Beach Hotel, Messilah, Kuwait on 12th September 2017
- Technical Seminar and Annual General body Meeting on 10.05.2017
- Health Awareness Seminar conducted on 06.01.2017 at Holiday Downtown Hotel
- IEI KuwaitChapter Conducted Technical Seminar on 4th April 16
- Technical Seminar on Key Risks in Construction projects
- IEI Kuwait Chapter conducts a Technical Seminar for its members