Annual General Meeting
Start Date :
20-06-2018 End Date :20-06-2018
Venue :Copthorne Kuwait City (Earlier known as Holiday Inn Downtown)
Annual General body Meeting of IEI Kuwait Chapter
The Institution of Engineers (India) Kuwait chapter has stepped into the 24th year of its glorious existence in the oil rich gulf state of Kuwait. The IEI – Kuwait Chapter’s General Secretary had served general body meeting notice to its members regarding the 24th AGM, which was conducted on Wednesday, 20th June 2018 at Copthorne Hotel, Kuwait city. The members assembled in good numbers to attend the AGM organized by the chapter.
Engr. Sam who was the Master of the Ceremonies invited Dr. Rumane and Engr. Joseph Panicker to explain about the visit to India to resolve KSE Membership and NOC Issues. Engr. Thomas John, Honorary Secretary of IEI Kuwait chapter to welcome all the members. Engr. Thomas John welcomed the members. Then Engr. Ajay Kumar Sharma, Chairman IEI Kuwait chapter, explained in brief the activities of the Executive committee over the past one year and was very appreciative of the good work done by the Executive Committee members and the support group members for the wonderful events and the technical seminars organized during the year. He requested all members to extend their support to the activities of the chapter and to benefit from the technical seminars organised by the chapter to enrich themselves with the new technologies and knowledge shared.
Engr. Thomas John, Hon. General Secretary presented his report and listed the activities carried out during the year 2017 - 2018. He mentioned that 50th Engineers’ Day celebrations were conducted in a grand manner with many dignitaries attending the function and technical papers were presented on the Engineers day theme provided by the IEI –HQ, at the prestigious Arab Fund Seminar Hall. The Family day celebrations hosted by IEI Kuwait chapter was filled with fun and frolic. IEI family members enjoyed the full day events, which was organised at the exciting venue, the Wafra farm. The Secretary’s report was passed by the General body. The Treasurer Engr. Sudhir Menghani presented his Annual report on the Income and Expenditure statements for the year 2017-2018 and The Assets and Liabilities statement which were audited by Engr. I. Ilangovan. There were some questions raised by the members on the expenditure and income statements and the treasurer replied to the queries. The Account statements were passed by the general body.
The Chairman dissolved the current Executive Committee and invited Engr. Panicker, Dr. Rumane and Dr. Manik Dey to be the election officers to conduct the election process for electing the new Executive Committee members for the year 2018-2019. Nomination forms were invited from the members for the post of the chairman, Hon. General Secretary, Treasurer, and committee members. After the submission of the nominations papers, which were scrutinized by the election committee members, Dr. Manik Dey declared the following members as elected unanimously to the following posts:
1.Dr. Mahendhran Meyyappan – Hon. Chairman
2.Engr. Hirak Kumar Mitra – Hon. General Secretary
3.Engr. Sudhir Menghani – Hon. Treasurer
4.Engr. Ramana Bodepalli - Executive Committee member
5.Engr. Ashok Kumar - Executive Committee member
6.Engr. Sam Ananth Kumar – Executive Committee member
7.Engr. Ashish Koranne – Executive Committee member
8.Engr. Sekar B – Executive Committee member
9.Engr. Vinayagamoorthy S - Executive Committee member
10.Engr. Sudhir Kumar Sahoo – Executive Committee member
11.Engr. Prasad Rao Athikala – Executive Committee member
12.Engr. Upendra Kumar Behura – Executive Committee member
2018-19 ECM GROUP PHOTO
After the new committee was elected Dr. Mahendhran the new elected Chairman for the period 2018-2019 thanked the members for the confidence posed in him and his team by electing them unanimously to lead the IEI Kuwait chapter. In his acceptance speech Dr. Mahendhran emphasized that only with the support of his committee and the members present would he be able to achieve the challenges for this current year He confessed that the standards were set high by the Kuwait chapter and he was confident that the new team will put their dedicated efforts to excel in all fields to provide excellent services to the members. He was the past Hon Chairman of Bahrain Chapter and also served as General Secretary of Kuwait chapter. Then he requested his team to give a brief introduction. The new committee nominated Engr. I. Ilangovan as the Auditor for the period 2018- 2019 and announced to the General body.
Article published at IIK - Read more at http://www.indiansinkuwait.com/ShowArticle.aspx?ID=50320&SECTION=1#ixzz5MWpgUwFV
IEI Latest News
- Invitation for Seminar on Health Awareness on 08th October 2018 at Rajdhani Palace Hotel
- Article submission and Cover Page Design submission for upcoming 51st Engineer Day celebration
- Invitation for 1st Technical Seminar on 06 Aug 2018 at Copthrone Hotel, Kuwait City.
- IEI Kuwait Chapter invites and write-ups Science Articles for spandan-2018
- Intuition of India (IEI) Kuwait chapter has launched new official mobile contact number +965 90098667
- Winter 2018 Sections 'A' and 'B' Examinations
- Celebration of Sir M. Visvesverya's Birthday and Spandan 2018 Release Ceremony on 15th Sept. 2018
- Annual General body Meeting of IEI Kuwait Chapter
- IEI Kuwait Chapter and His Excellency K. Jeeva Sagar, The New Indian Ambassador to Kuwait on Thursday, 18th January 2018 at Indian Embassy, Kuwait.
- IEI Kuwait Chapter's Family Day 2018 on 09.02.2018
- IEI Kuwait Chapter – 50 th Engineers’ Day Celebration
- Meeting with KSE Chairman on 11 oct 2017
- 5th Technical seminar '' Total Productive Maintenance ''
- "Life Style - Martial Arts" presentation by IEI Science Club on Friday 15.09.17 at IGNOU Center, Salmiya.
- “Digitalisation and Cyber Security” VENUE: Jumeriah Messilah Beach Hotel, Messilah, Kuwait on 12th September 2017
- Technical Seminar and Annual General body Meeting on 10.05.2017
- Health Awareness Seminar conducted on 06.01.2017 at Holiday Downtown Hotel
- IEI KuwaitChapter Conducted Technical Seminar on 4th April 16
- Technical Seminar on Key Risks in Construction projects
- IEI Kuwait Chapter conducts a Technical Seminar for its members